Monday, February 4, 2013

(Thiocyanate) Rich Foods To Eat Daily or Multiple Times Per Week

Today, again, I was feeling down because I was feeling under the weather, and so, even though I bought prepared lentils and white kidney beans to eat for dinner and also planned on eating spinach, all I really wanted was chips (comfort food). I didn't even want all natural chips, I wanted the French imitation of Pringles. The ingredients listed on the package aren't too promising. In a previous post, I mentioned meal planning so that I would have preventive actions instead of just writing food down after I eat it. That fell through because it is difficult to stick to exactly, especially when I spend a good part of the working day away from home. At least, for me I've found it difficult to add to all the extra things I have to keep track of. So what I just thought of, about 20 minutes ago, is to write down a list of Thiocyanate rich foods that I enjoy eating and that I should eat multiple times per week or daily. Here goes!

(Thiocyanate) Rich Foods To Eat Daily or Multiple Times Per Week
Bananas (daily - great source of potassium as well!)
Carrots (daily)
*Oranges (multiple times per week)
*Pears (multiple times per week)
*Apple/*Pear or *Apple/Peach Sauce (multiple times per week)
Lentils (multiple times per week)
Spinach (multiple times per week)
*Beets (multiple times per week)
Plantains (multiple times per week)
Brussel Sprouts (multiple times per week)
*Mixed Veggies (multiple times per week)

**Starred foods are not rich in thiocyanate but are packed with other vitamins!

These are the things I eat on a regular basis, but I don't think I eat enough meat. I'm actually having trouble trying to eat a well balanced diet. Oh life! Why you gotta be so difficult! Sigh. Suggestions for balancing things anyone? My bones are feeling weak today which is what has me feeling down. I guess that means I haven't been getting enough Calcium. 

I must note, one of the things that has put a dent in my plantain eating flow is the fact that the store I usually go to to buy them has been closed for the past week. Talk about super inconvenience! On another note, Blogging JJ conveniently reminded me to look into using Nattokinase, and I am looking into it to see what units I should order. I will be doing a bulk order of Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, and Liquid Chlorophyll shortly to make sure that I have enough supplies to last me for a while. I have a lot of Serrapeptase left, but my Liquid Chlorophyll has been running low. Blogging JJ referred me back to Sickle Cell - Natural Healings as a reference for the Nattokinase, and I began reading her blog from the beginning to get the most out of it. It's quite informative, and I highly suggest reading it for anyone who is looking for natural ways to deal with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment