Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Mighty, Mighty Egg

Yesterday and today I was feeling weakness in my bones, and I haven't eaten eggs in about a week. Given those two facts, I made a correlation and think that maybe the weakness in my legs is due to the fact that I haven't been eating eggs, which are packed with natural nutrients that are great for the body. Two things that eggs have that are wonderful are naturally occurring Vitamin D and B12, and Vitamin D is important in helping the body use Calcium to build healthy bones. I take a 5,000 i.u. Vitamin D3 supplement every other day (as recommended on the bottle), but it is important to get any type of vitamin or mineral in its most natural form rather than as a supplement. There is more information about the benefits of the mighty, mighty egg here. From now on I will go back to eating eggs daily as part of my nutritious breakfast. I've always found that they are a great way to start the day, but was worried that I wasn't getting enough thiocyanate in my diet and was replacing eggs with thiocyanate heavy foods for breakfast. But given that eggs are full of so many nutrients, I think it will be safe to keep eating them and reaping their many benefits. I will just make sure I get my thiocyanate at other times during the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment