Friday, February 1, 2013

Moving On, Getting Healthier

Last night, I was feeling pretty down. I mentioned before that I have a skewed relationship with pain from having to deal with so much of it for so long, and I posted about my troubles in the Sickle Cell Warrior Group. People got back with their comments, and there are others who feel the way that I do, who are just tired of the pain. Thankfully I am feeling better today, and someone also posted a link about Discovite, which I am looking into and will also spread the word about. She said that she has been taking it and her health has been great. These natural alternatives are so much better than the harsh medicines with heavy side effects that the doctors prescribe to us. I think I mentioned before that my body has been feeling tense due to the winter cold, and I remembered that back in the Spring of last year, when I was taking a health class, I began a stretching routine that relieved some muscle pain in my legs that had been recurring for several years. Since I started that stretching routine, though I haven't continued with it, I have not had that pain get so bad that it made me have to stay home in bed. I have had muscle inflammation in that place, but because of the stretching, it never got back to the point where I couldn't walk, which was what it did before. Remembering that made me decide to go back to a stretch routine, and my body has been feeling a bit better though it is only my second day back to stretching. Simple yoga exercises, since the stretching exercises that I do are very close to yoga positions, seem like a good and easy way for me to build up my strength, which is something I really want to do. Back in the Spring when I was in my health class, I tried  to start a workout routine, but the things I was doing were too fast, too difficult, and too soon, so I will work on building my strength slowly but surely. One easy thing that I can do is to hold my leg stretch positions for longer because they don't overstretch my muscles, but will allow my legs and arms to become stronger. One thing that I really took away from my health class was something my professor said, which was that our genetics determine a small part about our body's health, but what we do for ourselves, our lifestyles, plays a greater part than genetics. With that in mind, I am encouraged to keep on the path I am on, and to go farther and keep getting better.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading this post, it shows such great devotion and commitment to your daily plan. Have you checked out the Natto yet as a next step. SS Natural discusses how it works to to maintain the blood cells in a more natural state and decreasing the sickling and clotting effect of sickle cell. She mentions the combination of the Natto and the Serrapeptase creating more optimal outcomes. Of course, follow up with her site for more detailed information. Here's a link to a great product. http://www.enzymedica.com/store/Natto-K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I actually forgot about buying the Nattokinase for myself though I did suggest it to my cousin. Thanks for the reminder, I am going to buy this, I really want to be feeling a lot better than what I am now.

      Delete